Readers in Action
Coordinator: Jessica Denton
Contact: cell (713)632-4353, email Jessica.Denton@hotmail.com
Readers in Action Volunteer: Farney PTO organizes Parent Readers for our students throughout the school year. If you are interested in being a Parent Reader you must be a registered PTO member and have your information updated on Farney’s PTO website. You will be sent a SignUp Genius link to sign up for a time slot.
Time Commitment: approximately 30 minutes.
2019-2020 schedule (some classrooms may vary):
- Kinder: TBD
- 1st Grade: TBD
- 2nd Grade: TBD
- 3rd Grade: TBD
- 4th Grade: TBD
- 5th Grade: TBD
- Can I sign up for more than time slot?
- Please sign up for one slot per family initially. This allows as many families as possible a chance to read. If there are any unfilled slots throughout the year the coordinator will send out a notification to open the slots.
- How do I prepare to read?
- You need to fill about 20 minutes. You can bring books from home or you can borrow some from the Farney library. Four books should be enough to cover the time slot.
- Can I take my student home after reading?
- Yes, please send a note with your student that day.
- Can someone other than me read?
- Yes, grandparents or other family members can read. Please sign them up as you would do in the SignUp Genius and they do need to have their ID.
- What if I need to cancel?
- Please uncheck your name from the SignUp and email Denton@hotmail.com so that we can find a replacement.