What is the PTO?
The Farney Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is designed to work as partners with the administrators, faculty, and staff to ensure that Farney Elementary School continues to be a great place for our children to grow and learn. Our goals include:
- Fostering a better understanding of the learning process through communication between parents/guardians and faculty
- Helping to meet the needs of all student through cooperation between family and school
- support the school through volunteer and financial assistance
- promoting gifted and talented education.
What do PTO funds provide for the school?
The PTO membership dues and our annual fundraisers fund student events, family activities, school enhancements and the purchase of instructional items. Below are some examples: - School Field Trips - Author Visits - Family Fun Nights - Playground Equipment - Staff Appreciation
Why should I join the PTO?
All Farney parents, faculty, relatives and friends are encouraged to join the PTO. As parents, being involved in your child’s school shows that you value their education. Volunteering enables you to work with faculty to shape the future of your child.
How is the PTO organized?
The PTO Board consists of executive officers, the school principal, and teacher representatives. Program chairs, who are parent volunteers, lead the various committees and organize events. Any parent who is a member of the PTO may, and is encouraged to, serve on the board.
How is the PTO funded?
Membership: There is an annual tax-deductible family fee of $10 for PTO membership. In addition, the PTO conducts fundraisers during the year. Past examples include a Boosterthon Fun-run, Box Tops collections, and participation in retailer-sponsored programs. All funds raised are solely for the benefit of Farney Elementary School and its students.
How can I help?
There are many ways you can help the PTO:
- Join the PTO annually.The membership fee is $10 per family
- Volunteer your time or donate items to help support events. Our various projects require hours of manpower and a wide variety of skills. There are many opportunities for both working and non-working parents to help.
- Participate in fundraising activities and encourage your friends and family to do so as well.
We are looking forward to an exciting school year and looking forward to working with all of you!