Facebook Guidelines for Farney Elementary PTO
Purpose of FB group: The purpose of our Facebook group is to provide an online community for parents and families at Farney Elementary.
Goal: Our goal is to share information and tips, update the community on events and programs, and showcase the achievements of students, teachers, parents, and other community members.
- We encourage you to ask questions and share information. We request that you keep discussions focused directly concerning our school community.
- We encourage posts that highlight our community’s accomplishments and constructively raise issues for discussion.
- When posting, please use appropriate language. Children may have access to our group.
- If you choose, you can post photos of your children at school events. Do not post photos of other children. If you have any questions about posting a particular photo, please check with the one of our Facebook group administrators.
- Do not post about concerns, problems, or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, students, or parents. We will immediately delete posts that in any way put down or discriminate against individuals.
- Online threats will be taken seriously, and proper authorities will be immediately notified.
- Do not post information commonly understood as confidential, such as student grades.
- Any inflammatory statements that make allegations against individuals or organizations will be deleted.
- Keep in mind what you post is public to all members of the group.
- Any advertising for businesses is not allowed.
- Do not publish content as your own that has been created by others.
The PTO board and PTO Facebook administrators reserve the right to delete comments and block users who are not following the rules stated above.
GET TEXT REMINDERS
Sign up for Remind101 to get reminder texts from Farney PTO. Text @farneypto to the number 81010